- Linda shared stories of how she went from being a Special Events Coordinator for London Health Sciences Centre to be a past owner of not one, but two quilting stores.
- She is a former member, vendor and now a speaker for LFQG. Linda is also the Past President of the Huron Perth Quilters Guild and brought many examples of quilts in a trunk show – family & well loved ones, those purchased, examples of classes attended, and other projects such as needlepoint, smocking and garment sewing.
- Currently, Linda teaches classes and works 2 days a week at the Marsh Store.
- Marcie Majoor spoke briefly as the London Representative for the Quilts of Valour. She is also a former member of LFQG some sixteen years ago. The goal is to donate 10,000 quilts, currently there are 9,968 and with those turned in by LFQG the goal will no doubt be reached. Marcie is presenting at Parkwood Hospital with many of the recipients in their 90’
- An information sheet entitled “Quilt Show 2018” and a listing of committee members entitled “We Can Do It” were distributed. The Show is at the same venue – Oakridge Presbyterian Church, near Oxford and Hyde Park on October 19 & 20, 2018. Volunteers, experienced or otherwise are required.
|Christine: Forest Friends|
|Gail: Christmas Quilt. Quilted by Cathy|
|Jackie: Christmas mug rugs|
|Jackie: Canada Challenge pillow. Back|
|Nancy: Remembrance Day|
|Mary: Little landscape workshop|
|Cathy: Paper piecing|
|Cindy: took mom to church bazar and won this quilt. Back is tie dyed.|