Here is some information from Charlene, our Quilt Show Chairperson.
Quilt Show Update
It is my hope that everyone has had a wonderful summer; however with our September meeting coming up quickly I would like to remind everyone of the following:
- Quilt show registration forms are due on Sept 11th. The blank forms can be found on our blog but we will have some hard copies at the meeting. Please note every member of the guild is eligible to show a quilt in the quilt show and we encourage everyone no matter your experience to show your projects.
- We are also collecting small projects to be donated to the members boutique for sale during the quilt show. These can include things such as bags, pin cushions, hot mats, pillows, pillowcases, placemats whatever you wish. After the quilt show any unsold items will be donated to the hospital gift shops.
- There will be raffle tickets available for those who wish to pick them up to sell and we will be collecting the funds from those who have sold them over the summer.
- We are also looking for baked goods for our tea room. These can be brought to our Sept and Oct meetings and will be kept frozen until the quilt show dates.
- Edith will be at the meeting with volunteer sign up sheets -- remember to check with her we will need people not only during the quilt show but for set up and take down as well.
If anyone has any questions or concerns regarding the quilt show please contact Charlene at email@example.com or my home number 519-686-8892.
The Registration Form for the Quilt Show is on the right sidebar towards the bottom under Miscellaneous Links.
President Micki has found a document from one of our newsletters on "How to Make a Hanging Sleeve for your Quilt". You can find the link for this document on the right sidebar towards the bottom under Miscellaneous Links.
Upcoming Quilt Shows in Southern Ontario
Sept 9th-16th, Burlington, ON-Fibre Content Show
Oct 4, Strathroy, ON-Memory Lane Quilt Show
Check the Links on the right sidebar for more information about the above shows