Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Why not try one of these litle works of art and start a lovely collection to display in your sewing room, courtesy of your fellow guild members. Instructions are available - just ask at the registration desk at the meeting next month.
Monday, December 13, 2010
President’s Challenge 2010/2011
Celebrating the 30th anniversary of the LFQG
1. Both fabrics must be visible on the front of the quilted item. You may use additional fabrics of your own.
2. The finished piece must include at least one (1) dimension of 30 inches (30”)
3. The design may be original and any combination of machine and/or hand piecing, appliqué or quilting. Embellishments may also be used.
4. The quilted item must be completely finished, including all aspects of quilting, binding and needlework.
5. Identifying label must be attached to the back with relevant information.
6. Due Date is the regular guild meeting in May 2011.
7. Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd based on votes of the members present at the May meeting.
Friday, December 10, 2010
We held a parade of placemats so everyone could see the awesome work that was done. Here Laurel is holding up one of the placemats from a growing pile on the table (update 12/14/11 we made a total of 116 placemats!!):
.....lots and lots of placemats:
Kids quilts were also shown. These will be donated to the Children's Aid:
These four ladies led us in a rousing quilter's version of Jingle Bells. We were not allowed to have snacks until we sang!!
It was well worth the effort!!
We had a young man as guest tonight and he pitched right in arranging the juice boxes artistically!! Great work!
Rose presented the President's Challenge and we all received two F8ths with instructions for the challenge which is due for the May meeting. Instructions will be posted on the blog soon:
A wild game of "Toss the Fat quarter" was enjoyed by all:
Chris dropped in to Fabricland before the meeting and only bought what she went in for!! We were very proud of her :-):
Check out more pictures of the evening on our web album.
Saturday, December 4, 2010
* Notion of the month- Something for the hungry and something for the needy! Bring a non perishable item for donation and 1/2 doz baked goods to share with members. 2 draw tickets if you bring both :-)
* Show and tell - Bring Christmas show and tell items
* Pillowcases and placemats
* Cheque book to sign up for workshops
* Money for draw tickets (The draw prizes are awesome!)
*"Secret" password is UFO :-)
* Guests - You are more than welcome to bring a guest along to meetings. Be sure to sign in at the registration table. Free is $5.00 for visitors.
Advance notice: Kid's Quilt Marathon sewing day: January 29th, 2011
OK, test your problem solving skills!! "What does the gingerbread man put on his bed?" If you have figured it out, post the answer in the comments. The correct answer will be announced at the meeting. (Board members may not post the answer!!)